What are the legal requirements?

If you have not a Refugee status, you must have a valid “Permesso di soggiorno” (stay permit) that specifically allows you to work. If you have refugee status, you can start a business. 

You must prove that you have enough money available to open and manage your business.  

More information

You can ask for more details to the nearest One-stop shop (SUAP) office. 

E.g. see https://www.milomb.camcom.it/cittadini-extracomunitari